Sr. Electronics Hardware Designer | Engineering, San Sebastian, Spain
EPowerlabs is a newly found company providing power electronics design services and products for electric mobility and green energy applications. The company is based in San Sebastian, Spain and the offices are located in the Technology Center of MIramon.
The team is formed by experienced automotive engineers coming from leading OEMs and Tier 1 and backed by a board of industry experts and investors. We are experiencing high growth prospects and actively searching for experienced and young engineers to join the team.
In the following months the team will be engaged in the execution of projects for Tier 1 automotive clients and internal product development projects in the field of power electronics and battery management systems.
Due to this activity we are currently looking for a:
Senior Electronics Hardware Designer
- To develop PCB & Hardware designs for power electronics & control products
- To lead component definition and perform costing análisis
- Base software development for the integration of the application software
- Execution of ongoing projects
- Join decision teams for product development strategy
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and refine needs and formulate system requirements
- Lead and execute the research and development of novel converter architecture and topology for power converters in applications such as Electric & Hybrid Vehicles, Solar PV, etc.
- Lead the design and subsequent verification and validation of product concepts in the R&D laboratories
- Mentor and coach less experienced staff members
- Master Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with 4+ years’ in relevant experience in power converter research & development or hold a PhD degree in power electronics / electrical and electronic engineering (or similar) field with 2+ years’ industry experience
- Expertise in power electronic converter topologies, modulation, control and algorithm.
- Previous experience of 3+ years developing hardware designs for power applications
- Highly valuable previous experience in automotive or renewable energy industry
- Highly valuable previous experience in SiC or GaN technology
- Proven experience with new technology development initiatives and innovation
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style, “can do” attitude, eager to learn new things and ready to think outside the box
- Fluency in English, other languages are a plus
- Engagement for new challenges and eager to enjoy a dynamic and motivated team